Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Pack (2010)

The first twenty minutes are misleading, for the remaining sixty minutes offer up a run-of-the-mill mash-up of survival and creature-feature.  I am fully cognizant of the fact that, after the wave of High Tension, Frontiers, Martyrs, et al., I've come to expect too much from French horror, but the only moment that makes the movie worth watching (at least the first half) is a well-executed comedic moment that occurs as soon as our protagonist arrives at the backwoods saloon.  I watched this little clip repeatedly.  But, sadly, it wasn't enough to redeem the film from mediocrity.  And, strangely enough, the film seems to pride itself on its violence, yet it is quite tame.  Overall, it's skippable; the short segment I'm referring to as hilarious, however, is required (I'm sure it is or will be on YouTube).

No comments:

Post a Comment