Sunday, March 28, 2010

Lake Mungo (2008)

Rating: A-
Behold, a conscious contradiction. I berated Paranormal Activity based largely on grounds that nothing really happened--it erred on the side of boring, in my opinion--yet I love Lake Mungo, despite the fact that even less happens! It creeped me out far more than Paranormal, while also throwing some unexpected and thoroughly interesting twists into the mix. As the story unfolded and beautiful cinematography created an ominous sense of dread and harm, I was pulled into a perpetual state of uneasiness. This is a great After Dark entry!

HorrorBlips: vote it up!

4 comments:

  1. Lake Mungo could have been an episode of Unsolved Mysteries. Its so convincing has a documentary, if this shit was on A&E, you couldn't tell it was a movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your blog and i think your ratings are pretty realistic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Joe! Glad you made it by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed this, too. I think it sags in the middle a bit, but it serves as a great and spooky faux documentary.

    ReplyDelete