Saturday, May 23, 2009

My Bloody Valentine (2009)

Synopsis: A vengeful coal miner threatens a small mining town.

Like(s): This is the first DVD I have purchased in years. I made the purchase solely for the 3D technology (and, of course, the nifty 3D glasses); Netflix didn't appear to have the 3D version. It was better than I expected, despite the deteriorated vision in my right eye. Objects in the foreground effectively stood out right there in my living room, freshets of blood spurted into mid-air, and a pickax was in my face more than a few times! It was definitely the most fun I've had in a long time. In fact, I spent more time paying attention to the details of the 3D technology than to the plot (not that I seemed to miss anything in the end).

Dislike(s): The character's were paper-thin. I really felt like I was watching an audition. And, yeah, it was a generic 90's style slasher. (Also, the poor vision in my right eye caused everything to look far "greener" than I would have preferred, but that's not the movie's problem!)

Candidate For Omission: Not unless you watch in 2D.

1 comment:

  1. w00t congrats on the graduation man! Very exciting news indeed, but what makes it that much better is getting MBV!! Thats basically the best day ever

    ReplyDelete