Thursday, June 4, 2009

Pulse (2001)

Despite more than a handful of eerie thrills, Pulse seemed longer than two hours and reminded me that I've already seen too many J-Horror movies that revolve around technology. It's a shame, too, because there truly were some eerie moments that also reminded me how much I enjoy J-Horror.

I would only recommend this one if you are willing to be patient and really get into the theories Pulse attempts to describe--it does have a fairly deep plot with a satisfying ending. Unfortunately, you will most likely find yourself thinking of the grocery list, friends' upcoming birthday parties, work, school, food, a new CD, and so on during the movie.

1 comment:

  1. Its definitely a slow ride but I prefer it over some of the other J-horror sleepers. The suicide jump still disturbs the hell out of me!

    ReplyDelete