Sunday, February 14, 2010

Dog Soldiers (2002)

Rating: B-
A unique take on the werewolf genre that is equal parts entertaining and dull. Long lulls and attempts at near philosophical inquiry forced me to watch in the middle of the day so as not to fall asleep, which I have done twice trying to watch this at night. Some of the humor, however, was spot on, and the werewolf costume design was superb. Great blood spatters, too! Neil Marshall's second film, The Descent, is much better (one of my all-time favorites). I look forward to the next watch of The Descent whereas this one will fade from my memory.

3 comments:

  1. THE DESCENT really is the better film, but I love this one for all of its werewolf awesomeness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, you are going to take a drubbing for dissing Dog Soldiers. On the other hand, I do agree that there are lulls, but I would rather watch this over and over again than to sit through another screening of this Wolfman remake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What can I say, fellas? I guess I need to come clean and admit that I'm not really into the werewolf genre! And Bo, you're not the first person to speak negatively regarding Wolfman.

    ReplyDelete